The Subdued Stringband Jamboree is a volunteer-run festival and we need your help! Each year, 50+ volunteers work to make the Jamboree happen. In exchange, volunteers get entry into the festival and a dose of civic pride! Volunteers during the festival are required to work 2-3hrs per day to receive a pass. Many volunteer shifts happen before and after the festival. The Jamboree's volunteer staff is always growing and evolving. If you'd like to be involved, please contact us!
Below is a brief description of some of the volunteer jobs.
Before the Festival
- The Publicity Team: The Jamboree is in need of many people who love the festival and want to spread the word. This can take the form of hanging posters, handing out flyers, spreading the word on listservs and blogs, going to other regional festivals and hanging posters, and many other things. Please inquire.
During the Festival
- Front Gate: where money is collected from cars coming into the festival.
- Camping Gate: where money is collected for overnight camping.
- Info Booth: sells band CDs, t-shirts, and merch; shares helpful information.
- Kitchen Shift Coordinators: Take a leadership role in the preparation/serving of food.
- Band Kitchen: prepare and serve food to the bands.
- Stage Crew: set up and tear down the stages; run sound and lights for the stages.
- Grounds Crew: set-up the grounds; clean up the grounds, including fire pits, picking circles, decorations; helps with parking and camping traffic; set-up trash/recycling cans and maintain them. We need a truck and driver for clean up!