The Jamboree is pleased to host workshops on various aspects of music making. Performing musicians will generously share their skills in an informal setting at 10am on Saturday morning. Workshops are included in the ticket price and open to everyone!
Area 1 - The Cauldron Shack (aka Kidsville)
- 10am — Flatfoot Dancing
- Percussive, old-time music dance with Matt Gordon
- 11am — Hambone
- Poor man's drum kit - Body percussion with Matt Gordon
Area 2 - The BBQ Shack
- 10am — Old-time fiddle tunes
- With Ruth Unger
- 11am — Old-time singing
- With Laurel Bliss
Area 3 - The Mural Booth
- 10am — Horns in a stringband?
- Sit with Bellingham's most desired sidemen and learn to play a song you don't know with Thomas Deakin, Mars Lindgren, and Joel Ricci
- 11am — 5-String Banjo
- With Mike Marker
Area 4 - The Log Show Storage Shack (in the Subdued Camping area)
- 10am — Harmonica
- Old-time, new-time, not too much of the time, with Cherry Blossoms' Casey Wykes
- 11am — Songwriting
- Original songs in an ancient idiom, with Mike Merenda and Jordan "Yogoman" Rain
Area 5 - Behind the Canteen (in the Subdued Camping Area)
- 10am — Resonator Guitar, aka Dobro
- With the Shadies' Andy Rick and Mike Grigioni
- 11am — Country Blues Guitar from a Master
- With Steve James
Times and instructors subject to change, so please check back!
AND!!! Slow Jam Saturday morning from 10am-noon at Camp Geezer (located somewhere behind the restrooms near the trees). Are you new to jamming? New to your instrument? Not sure if you should jump in? You Should! This is the place. EVERYONE WELCOME!!!!