The Subdued Stringband Jamboree is a volunteer-run festival and we need your help! Each year, 100+ volunteers work to make the Jamboree happen. In exchange, volunteers get entry into the festival and a dose of civic pride! Volunteers during the festival are required to work around 3hrs per day to receive a pass. Many volunteer shifts happen before and after the festival. The Jamboree's volunteer staff is always growing and evolving. If you'd like to be involved, please contact us!
Below is a brief description of some of the volunteer jobs.
Before the Festival
- The Publicity Team: The Jamboree is in need of many people who love the festival and want to spread the word. This can take the form of hanging posters, handing out flyers, spreading the word on listservs and blogs, going to other regional festivals and hanging posters, and many other things. Please inquire.
During the Festival
- Front Gate: Collect money from cars coming into the festival.
- Camping Gate: Collect money for overnight camping.
- Subdued Central: Share helpful information with Jamboree-goers.
- Sub-Duds Mercantile: Sell band CDs, t-shirts, and merch.
- Kitchen Shift Coordinators: Take a leadership role in the preparation/serving of food.
- Subdued Canteen: Prepare and serve food to the bands.
- Some-Dudes Dishpit: Jamboree vendors do not use disposable dishes. So, we have some washing to do!
- Stage Crew: Set up and tear down the stages; Run sound and lights for the stages.
- Grounds Crew: Set-up the grounds; Clean up the grounds, including fire pits, picking circles, decorations; Help with parking and camping traffic; Set-up trash/recycling cans and maintain them. We also need a truck and driver for clean up!
- Shuttle Drivers: must have your own vehicle that can seat at least 4.