Volunteer with the Jamboree
The Subdued Stringband Jamboree is a volunteer-run festival and we need your help! Each year, 150+ volunteers work to make the Jamboree happen. In exchange, volunteers get entry into the festival, a meal per shift, and a dose of civic pride! Volunteers during the festival are required to work around 3hrs per day to receive a pass. Many volunteer shifts happen before and after the festival. The Jamboree's volunteer staff is always growing and evolving. If you'd like to be involved, please contact us!
Before the Festival
- The Publicity Team: The Jamboree is in need of many people who love the festival and want to spread the word. This can take the form of hanging posters, handing out flyers, spreading the word on listservs and blogs, going to other regional festivals and hanging posters, and many other things. To help with publicity, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
During the Festival
- Gate: Welcome attendees, sell and collect tickets.
- Subdued Central: Share helpful information with Jamboree-goers.
- Sub-Duds Mercantile: Sell band CDs, t-shirts, and merch.
- Kitchen Shift Coordinators: Take a leadership role in the preparation/serving of food.
- Subdued Canteen: Prepare and serve food to the bands.
- Stage Crew: Set up and tear down the stages.
- Site Decoration: Help decorate the stages and festival grounds.
- Kidsville: Help lead kids in creative activities.
- Grounds Crew: Set-up the grounds; Clean up the grounds, including fire pits, picking circles, decorations; Help with parking and camping traffic; Set-up trash/recycling cans and maintain them. We also need a truck and driver for clean up!